1) Post-operative pain after the Labia Majora Reconstruction (post improper silicone injection)
- In the first 2-3 after the Labia Majora Reconstruction (post improper silicone injection), Pain at/or around the surgical wound may be felt as soon as the anesthetic wears off, which is relieved by pain medications prescribed days. You should refrain from working to avoid more bruise and severe pain. Should you experience more pain, please do not be hesitant to come to see Dr. Vitasna.
- Occasionally, you may experience itchiness, irritation, or tension around the surgical wound, which will completely heal in 4-6 weeks.
2) Abnormal bleeding after the Labia Majora Reconstruction (post improper silicone injection)
- Using small dissolving suture may lead to the risk of complications such as bleeding of the surgical wound, possibly caused by walking or other activities.
- Abnormal bleeding after the surgery, which may lead to blood clot formation is very seldom noted and occurs with less than 1 % of the surgeries. Aspirin and other anti-coagulant drugs should be avoided at least 10-15 days before and after the scheduled surgery.
- If excessive bleeding from the surgical wound occurs after the surgery, all expenses for services and treatment for this post-surgical complication will no longer be charged to you. However, if the bleeding or other complications occur due to your non-compliance with the doctor’s orders, you will be charged accordingly.
3) Inflammation or infection after the Labia Majora Reconstruction (post improper silicone injection)
- Infection of the wound may occur because the surgical wound is closed to the vaginal opening area constantly being prone to contamination with the fluid from the vaginal tract, the urinary tract and the alimentary (fecal) tract.
- Mostly, the infection after the surgery happens to women who fail to follow the instructions, follow the instructions incorrectly, have existing diseases such as diabetes, or have vaginal infection before the surgery.
- Inflammation or infection after the surgery may cause complications. These complications include; rough wound edge, asymmetrical or non-proportional Labia Majora, and/or incomplete removal of the Silicone depending on the amount of silicone injected, wound deformation, suture mark (scar), or wound disruption leading to abnormal bleeding from the surgical wound.
- During the inflammatory phase of healing, which last up to 2-4 weeks after the surgery, there is moisture from the vaginal discharge in the surgical wound area and sloughing off of tissues or necrosis can be observed. This should not be a cause of worry, because it may happen in a process of healing of the surgical wound in the vulvovaginal area.
- After the surgery, some women may experience abnormal vaginal discharge or curd like discharge as a result of vaginal fungal infection, possibly following taking antibiotic to avoid post-operative infection, and needing oral anti-fungal medication or suppository.
4) Unsatisfactory results after the Labia Majora Reconstruction (post improper silicone injection)
- This surgery has limitations and cannot absolutely ensure results and satisfaction. The surgery may result in incomplete symmetrical of the Labia Majora or non-proportional of the Labia Majora depending on your former anatomical structure of the Labia Majora (post silicone injection).
- There are many other factors influencing the surgical result and satisfaction. In case of unsatisfactory results, correction surgery may be performed as appropriate and possible. In this respect, you and the physician should come to discuss for the solution together.
- If correction surgery wound occurs from the complication of the surgery, all expenses for services and treatment will no longer be charged to you.
- However, if the unsatisfactory results occur due to the complication from your non-compliance with the doctor’s orders or due to the incomplete removal of the silicone, you will be charged accordingly. In this respect, you and the physician should come to discuss for the solution together.
Check-up: Dr. Vitasna usually requires you to come for a follow up check-up 1-2 weeks after the Labia Majora Reconstruction (post improper silicone injection). Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns.