1) Post-operative processes after the Mons Pubis Reconstruction (Post Improper Silicone Injection)
- After the Mons Pubis Reconstruction (Post Silicone Injection), you may experience dizziness caused by the General Anesthesia, so you should take a rest until recovery.
- You will be monitored for 1-2 hours at recovery room. When you are conscious with normal vital sign, the anesthesiologist will allow you to be monitored in the Inpatient Building.
- In the Inpatient Building, you will take an antibiotic, an anti-inflammatory drug to lessen the wound pain, a laxative, and an acetaminophen. In case of no recovery from the acetaminophen, you should inform the nurse to ask for the analgesic injection. You should take a rest to monitor and reduce pain and inflammation around the surgical wound.
- After the surgery, the surgical wound needs to be covered with a gauze pack to stop the bleeding. The blood and lymph drainage tubes (wound drain) were placed and put on the abdominal surface, and done together with a urinary catheter for 3-5 days of the surgery.
- Within the first 3-5 days after the surgery, you will be able to have movement and walk around. You should not take a shower, which may potentially cause infection (perhaps rub the body dry), cleaning the perineum area after fecal excretion may be done using water and toweling gently.
- After 3-5 days of the surgery, the urinary catheter will be removed. Dr. Vitasna will remove a gauze pack, and she will clean the surgical wound with antiseptic. The surgical wound will then be covered with the Tegaderm ® to prevent moisture around the surgical wound.
Dr. Vitasna will allow you to return home after the following things are checked….
- 1) No abnormal bleeding occurs from the surgical wound.
- 2) You are asked to review post-operative care instructions.
- 3) You can urinate by yourself after the urinary catheter removal.
- 4) No more blood or lymph in the drainage tubes, and then Dr. Vitasna will remove the blood and lymph drainage tubes.
2) Water contact & Post-operative care instructions at home after the Mons Pubis Reconstruction (Post Improper Silicone Injection)
- At home, you must take an antibiotic, an anti-inflammatory drug, a laxative, and an acetaminophen. The antibiotic should be wholly completed.
- Within the first 5-7 days after the surgery, you should take a rest (refrain from work) and be still to enable the wound to heal faster, and have little movement as possible to avoid wound disruption. You are not allowed to take a shower, which may potentially cause infection–perhaps rub the body dry.
- After 5-7 days of the surgery, you are allowed to take a quick shower to avoid the water get in to the surgical wound, which may potentially cause infection.
- You may experience light reddish bleeding out of the surgical wound in around 1 week after the surgery. In case of excessive bleeding or reddish blood clot, swollen wound and high fever, please contact the Center immediately for suggestions or come to see Dr. Vitasna for the surgical wound examination.
- Dr. Vitasna will have a post-operative appointment with you 1 week after the surgery. She will check the surgical wound, and you may need to keep the Tegaderm ® for one more week in case of incomplete healing of the surgical wound.
- Within the first 2 weeks after the surgery, cleaning the perineum area after urinary excretion may be done with sanitary wipes, and after fecal excretion done using water and toweling gently. You should try to avoid moisture around the surgical wound to keep the area dry to let it heal faster.
- After the surgery, you may have all kinds of food, but should refrain from alcoholic drinks, pickled food, and smoking for about 2 weeks.
- After the surgery, you may experience itching or green-curd like discharge as a result of vaginal fungal infection, possibly following taking antibiotic to avoid post-operative infection, and needing anti-fungal medication or suppository.
3) Recovery period after the Mons Pubis Reconstruction (Post Improper Silicone Injection)
- Recovery varies with each woman. You may return to work after 5-7 days of the surgery. Moreover, you should follow the physician’s appointment for follow up examination or treatment.
- Within the first 2 weeks after the surgery, tissues are beginning to produce and form new blood capillaries, and the surgical wound are expected to start healing. You may start your daily activities gradually.
- After the first 2 weeks to 4 weeks after the surgery, the surgical wound is expected to heal appropriately, you may start your usual activities gradually; and strenuous physical activities should be limited.
- After 4 weeks of the surgery, you may resume your usual activities. Relaxing exercises and lifting light weights are permitted. However, you should refrain from running, soaking in the bathtub, swimming, heavy lifting, cycling, other heavy activities, and sexual intercourse for 6-8 weeks after the surgery.
4) Suture removal after the Mons Pubis Reconstruction (Post Improper Silicone Injection)
- The material (s) used is the suture which dissolves slowly (within 6 weeks). However, for some women, the suture takes longer than 6 weeks to completely dissolve, consequently causing irritation. For women who experience itching caused by the dissolving sutures and the process of healing, you will be prescribed antihistamine to control the itching.
5) Appointment after the Mons Pubis Reconstruction (Post Improper Silicone Injection)
- Dr. Vitasna will have a post-operative appointment in 1-2 weeks after the Mons Pubis Reconstruction (Post Improper Silicone Injection) or as appropriate. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns.