Dr. Vitasna Ketglang was interviewed by Cosmetic Magazine on August, 2011
Satisfying sex is what all couples desire. Although some may say that sex is not the most important thing, it cannot be denied that it is the fulfillment for the married life. Many may have heard about a new trend of American women to have injected filler around the area of the G-SPOT to make it enlarged and curved to increase the feeling and friction during sexual intercourse.
Many may wonder whether fillers for facial wrinkles or nose can be used to fill the G-spot area, the most sensitive area of a woman’s body. Most women don’t even know what the G-spot is, how it works and whether undergoing the procedure is dangerous. So we will be educated and informed by Dr. Vitasna Ketglang, the specialist from the Cosmetic Gynecology Center of Yanhee International Hospital.
What is G-Spot (Grafenburg Spot)?
- The “G-Spot” was found by a German obstetrician Dr. Grafenburg. It is the area around the upper vaginal wall, approximately 5.8-7.4 cm far from the perineum (variable).
- The G-Spot is not around the vaginal wall, but around 1 cm deeper. This is, apart from the clitoris, one of the most sensitive areas in the vagina during sexual intercourse. Stimulated and touched, it becomes enlarged and becomes one of the sensitive areas for women to reach their orgasm or sexual climax.
G-Shot ® (G-Spot Augmentation)
- G-shot ® is a medical procedure that involves injecting the filler into the area of the G-spot with the goal of enlarging and making it more curved. An enlarged G-spot enables more friction during sexual intercourse and hence more stimulation and sexual pleasure.
- The word “G-Shot ®” was established in 2004 by an American physician David Matlock, well-known as an expert in Vaginal Rejuvenation (G-Shot ® is a trade name with legal copyright).
- Dr. Matlock initiated this idea from the treatment of stress urinary incontinence (involuntary loss of urine while coughing and sneezing). In this case, the physician normally performs the treatment by filling a quantity of collagen at the tissue around the urethral area for continence. This concept has been applied to the filling around the G-Spot area.
- This is helpful for women with loose vaginas, such as after pregnancy and delivery. A loose vagina may often result in a lack of sexual pleasure due to insufficient friction especially on the G-spot. This may lead to fewer orgasms–and fewer orgasms may lead to marital problems.
G-Spot Augmentation Procedure
- Potential patients have to undergo a consultation process with the physician to determine personal background, problem, and cause, especially if the patient used to have lots of sexual pleasure before and has abruptly declined.
- In addition to the condition of the loosened vagina, some factors have to be considered, such as stress, frustration with her husband, drugs, certain diseases, and others.
- General and internal pelvic examination is needed to make sure that there are no vaginal abnormalities, such as tumors.
- If everything is normal after the internal pelvic examination, Dr. Vitasna will check the vaginal area of the patient to check for the G-Spot and its proper position. Most patients recognize the position. In case Dr. Vitasna does not find it or is not sure about the G-Spot position, she will not perform the G-Spot Augmentation procedure.
- With the G-Spot position located, local anesthesia will be injected to that area with a tiny syringe in order to avoid pain from the procedure. The filling around that area is done at the depth of approximately 2-3 mm (not over half a centimeter), with a 1-inch diameter and at the height of 0.5 inch.
Result & Limitations of G-Spot Augmentation Procedure
- The G-Spot area will become fuller and rounded, therefore resulting in a more pleasurable feeling and experience during sexual intercourse.
- This method is suitable for patients with unsatisfactory sexual functions. However, it is not recommended for those who have psychological problems, sexual dysfunction, congenital illnesses, and underlying medical problems, such as diabetes, possibly causing vaginal infection or inflammation, and heart disease.
Pros & Cons of G-Spot Augmentation Procedure
- A satisfactory outcome will result to an improved marital relationship. Nonetheless, this treatment method cannot ensure a 100% satisfactory result.
- An inexperienced physician cannot ensure a 100% safety result; he or she may inject the filling too deeply affecting adjacent organs such as the urethra and others.
- Normally, the filler lasts temporarily (4-6 months), repeated treatment may be necessary.
Price of G-Spot Augmentation Procedure
- Approximately 40,000 THB/one time.
Dr. Vitasna’s Suggestion :
” The G-Spot Augmentation is an alternative to improving the relationship between potential patients and their spouses. In other words, this can contribute to increased sexual pleasure, increased confidence, or increased sexual arousal.”
“It is true that sex activities are not the most important, but the pleasure with a partner can better sustain the relationship. Actually, this problem is not a shameful issue, which can be solved simply by discussing with a partner to come to a better understanding”.