Why does my Perineum feel loose?
- The perineum can become badly stretched, particularly in childbirth. It may have been torn during delivery and required stitching. The stitching may have been badly done, leaving a lot of scarring.
- It can make the vagina feel wider than normal, meaning that lovemaking is not the same as it was prior to giving birth.
What are the problems associated with a damaged Perineum?
- You may have noticed changes in your bowel habits as a result of childbirth (e.g. you had third or fourth degree perineum tears).
- A third-degree tear means that the muscle and skin in your perineum and the muscle surrounding your anus are torn. A fourth-degree tear is the same as a third-degree tear, but the area immediately inside your anus is torn as well.
Can my Perineum be restored to normal by the perineoplasty?
Yes, it can.
What does the Perineoplasty involve?
- The scarred and redundant tissues in the vaginal introitus/opening are narrowed, and the muscles are stitched back together using dissolvable stitches.
- The stitches remain in place for up to 6 weeks. A General or Intravenous Sedation Anesthesia will be given. You should not have to remain with us for longer than a day.
Labiaplasty and Perineoplasty by Laser
Risks and Complications of the Perineoplasty
After the Perineoplasty, will there be complications?
- There may be some bleeding. You should contact us if it is heavy. As with most invasive surgery there is always a risk of infection, but this is easily treated.
How long does the Perineoplasty Surgery take?
- The procedure can take just 30 to 45 minutes.
What will happen in the recovery period after the Perineoplasty?
- Recovery varies individually. A day after the surgery, you can have movement around, but you should refrain from daily activities for 1-2 days after the surgery. You may return to work within 2 to 3 days after surgery. Moreover, you should follow Dr. Vitasna’s appointment for follow up examination or treatment.
- Within 2 weeks after the surgery, tissues are beginning to produce and form new blood capillaries and the surgical wound are expected to start healing. You may start your daily activities gradually.
- Within 2-4 weeks after the surgery, the surgical wound is expected to heal appropriately, you may start your usual activities gradually, and strenuous physical activities should be limited.
- After 4 weeks of the surgery, you may do your usual activities. Relaxing exercises and lifting light weights are permitted. However, you should refrain from running, soaking in the bathtub, swimming, heavy lifting, cycling, other heavy activities, and sexual intercourse for 6 weeks after the surgery.
What is the recovery time after the Perineoplasty?
- You can expect to be fully recovered in 6 weeks.
What can I expect from the Perineoplasty?
- You can expect a tightened vaginal opening, leading to better sexual pleasure. Your vaginal opening area should also feel and look better. Perineoplasty can also be performed during Vaginoplasty (an operation to tighten the vagina).
If you would like to find out more about Perineoplasty and Vaginoplasty or arrange a consultation. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns.