What is my hymen and where is it?
- Your hymen is a thin piece of vaginal mucosa (membrane) that is stretched across the lower part/the opening of your vagina.
What causes my hymen to tear?
- The hymen may be torn when taking part in energetic sporting activities like gymnastics, horse-riding, cycling, when using tampons, or upon a heavy fall. Tearing this fragile membrane can result in bleeding.
Can my hymen be restored to normal?
- Yes, it can, but not really restored – simply re-created through surgery we call, Hymenoplasty. Please note that surgeons tend to be very reluctant to perform this medical practice on women who have already given birth.
What does the Hymenoplasty involve?
- The hymen has a superior layer that can be stitched to patch up the torn part of the hymen. It looks like a small ‘ring’ and will graft or fuse back together to look like the original hymen. The small hole will be small enough to, on your wedding night, tear and bleed as it may have done in the first place.
- Sometimes the lining of the vaginal lip may be used to create a new hymen. This piece of skin contains a network of veins making the hymen realistic enough to be able to bleed upon penetration. A local or intravenous sedation will be administered to you beforehand.
After the Hymenoplasty, will there be complications?
- Pain at/or around the surgical wound may be felt as soon as the anesthetic wears off, which is relieved by pain medications prescribed (in the first 2-3 days). You should take a rest to monitor the symptoms and should refrain from working because it may cause bruising and severe pain. If you experience more pain, please do not be hesitant to come to see Dr. Vitasna.
- Abnormal bleeding which may lead to blood clot formation is very seldom noted and occurs in 1 out of 100 surgeries. Because of the use of small dissolving suture this may lead to the risk of post-operative complication such as bleeding from the surgical wound, possibly caused by walking or other activities. In this connection Aspirin and other anti-coagulant drugs should be avoided at least 10 days before and after the scheduled surgery.
- After the surgery, you may have abnormal vaginal discharge or curd like discharge as a result of vaginal fungi, possibly following taking antibiotic to avoid postoperative infection and needing anti-fungal medication.
- After the surgery, inflammation or infection of the wound may occur because the surgical wound is in the vaginal opening area constantly be prone to contamination with the fluid from the vaginal tract, the urinary tract and the alimentary (fecal) tract.
Find out more about Hymenoplasty
Risks and Complications of the Hymenoplasty
Post-Operative Care Instructions for Hymenoplasty
How long does the Hymenoplasty take?
- This is a minor medical procedure that usually takes only an hour at the most. You would be able to return to work within 2-3 days.
After the Hymenoplasty, what will happen in the recovery period?
- You will remain with us for one day. The swollen area will settle down and the discomfort or pain will decrease. You may be advised not to have sexual intercourse for 3 to 6 months, until the area has completely recovered.
What is the recovery time after the Hymenplasty?
- It can take approximately 6-8 weeks or more. You may find any attempts at sexual intercourse very painful. It would perhaps be wise to not attempt it until healing is complete (8-12 weeks after surgery).
What can I expect from the Hymenoplasty?
- You can expect a restored hymen. You can expect your honor and/or your reputation to be restored and for your new husband to be satisfied that you were a virgin on your wedding night.
- In certain cultures a woman is expected to be a virgin on the day she gets married. Therefore there is expectation that the hymen should still be intact. The only real problem with your hymen is likely to be when it becomes torn.
If you would like to find out more about Hymenoplasty or arrange a consultation. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns.
villa markovic class bкупить одежду для мальчика в интернет магазине