Labiaplasty Surgery – Trend or Choice?
Dr.Vitasna Ketglang was interviewed by Cosmetic Magazine
Thanks to : Cosmetic Gynecology Center of Yanhee International Hospital
As a woman, ignoring a certain beauty issue is never possible. Of course, it is widely accepted to pay special attention to becoming conscientiously good-looking from the head to toe – clothing, face, hair style, Breast Augmentation and Nose Lift, but still many wonder if Labiaplasty Surgery is a new trend in surgery or not.
Responding to such a notion, Dr. Vitasna, the over 12 year experienced and skilled specialist from the Cosmetic Gynecology Center of Yanhee International Hospital, says that 3,000 out of 6,000 women have come in for Labiaplasty. Most of the cases have come with varied concerns such as asymmetry and excessive skin, darkened excessive skin, pain during sexual intercourse or while wearing underwear caused by too much skin, bad smell caused by yeast infection, sensitivity to sanitary napkin, and lack of confidence even irrespective of gorgeous appearance, and so on.
Labia Majora and Labia Minora Reduction/Plasty are a global surgical trend being long-initiated yet unpopular due to the reason of embarrassment. Consequently, the related information has to be disseminated to the public to understand the surgery better rather than entrusting your own body to an inexperienced physician and possibly causing unexpected complications and difficulty regarding corrective treatments.
The processes of the Labiaplasty Surgery (s)
- 1) Educating patients during consultation about the specific surgical procedure that they want is very important for them to know what to expect before making a decision.
- 2) Inquiring about the patient’s Health History especially those with congenital diseases and underlying medical problems for patients ages 20 or above.
- 3) Prospective patients are required not to eat or drink 6 hours prior to treatment/surgery.
- 4) Twilight Anesthesia with Local Anesthesia (on the treated area) are administered during the surgery (possibly also with the Clitoral hood Reduction in case of Labia Minora Reduction/Plasty), and stitching back the wound with absorbable sutures.
- 5) At present, interested patients are offered another choice of the superb beauty procedure, laser surgery. The advantages of laser are less scarring, less tissue damage and faster recovery. Generally, the procedure takes 1-1.5 hours to perform and 1 hour for postoperative monitoring. It takes 2-3 days for home recovery. One week later the physician will check the surgical site. The physician will check the surgical site for the second time approximately 2 weeks later. Sexual intercourse can be resumed in approximately 1 month.
Side Effects of the Labiaplasty Surgery (s)
- The absorbable suture, with some protein components, may cause some itchiness in the first 2 weeks after the operation which can be relieved by anti-allergy pills.
- The patient may have curd like discharge as a result of vaginal fungal infection, possibly following taking antibiotic to avoid postoperative infection. In case of vaginal fungal infection, you have to take additional medications.
Price for Normal Labiaplasty and Clitoral Hoodoplasty
- Labia Minora Reduction/Plasty = 30,000 THB
- Clitoral Hood Reduction/Plasty = 30,000 THB
- Labia Majora Reduction/Plasty = 55,000 THB
Price for Laser Labiaplasty and Clitoral Hoodoplasty
- Labia Minora Reduction/Plasty = 66,000 THB
- Clitoral Hood Reduction/Plasty = 66,000 THB
- Labia majora Reduction/Plasty = 100,000 THB
Dr. Vitasna’s Suggestion:
“More and more foreign patients have recently come in for Labiaplasty Procedures. This is due to the fact that during pregnancy they gain a lot of weight but lose it after delivery. Wrinkling of the Labia Majora comes with the sudden weight loss. Also, women regularly wear tight clothes but do not like their Mons Pubis to bulge, so they come in for liposuction in the Mons Pubis or upper Labia Majora to make it smaller unlike Thai women, who want their Mons Pubis to be plump up. However, Thai women walk in to remove the wrinkling on the Labia Majora as well”.
“If none of these annoy you or don’t cause irritation, surgery is not needed; except if it makes you upset thus affecting your daily activities and sexual relationship. You should not hesitate to get a consultation from a specialist for proper suggestions before making a decision.”