Single Incision Sling (MiniArc Sling) 1
Female urinary stress incontinence is the involuntary release of urine during any physical activity that puts pressure on your bladder. It’s not the same as general incontinence. This potentially embarrassing condition only happens when the bladder is under immediate physical stress.
However, it is important to know that these are common treatable conditions and you don’t have to live with it. There are many treatment options that can help you gain control over this condition. With proper medical care and treatment, you can regain your quality of life.
There are 2 methods of correcting urinary stress incontinence:
1) The non-surgical methods
- 1.1) Vaginal Pessary is a medical device much like the outer ring of a diaphragm. Therapeutic pessaries are utilized to support the uterus, vagina, bladder, or rectum.
- 1.2) The Kegel Exercise is safe but would have to take 6 months until results would show and does not guarantee full effectiveness.
- 1.3) The Incisionless Laser for correction of Stress Urinary Incontinence. This is a new trend of innovation to Urogynecology. This method is suitable for the women with mild to moderate symptoms, or for women with existing diseases that TVT-O (Tension Free Vaginal Tape Obturator) or Single Incision Sling (MiniArc Sling) surgery cannot be done.
2) The surgical methods
- 2.1) Burch Colposuspension is a surgery suturing the paravaginal tissues (near urethra) to periosteum of pubic bone.
- 2.2) Bulking agent injection, the physician will perform the treatment by filling the collagen to the bladder neck to prevent the premature opening of bladder neck to treat Stress Urinary Incontinence.
- 2.3) The Anterior Posterior Vaginal Repair can temporarily treat the Stress Urinary Incontinence. You are likely to experience the symptom within 5 years after the surgery.
- 2.4) Mid Urethral slings such as Single Incision Sling (MiniArc Sling) or TVT-O is a minimally invasive procedure with an 85%- 90% success rate in treating Stress Urinary Incontinence.
Urethra is well supported, consequently without urine leakage.
Urethra is not supported, consequently urine leakage.
General Notes & Precautions for the Single Incision Sling (MiniArc Sling)
1) Important points about the Single Incision Sling (MiniArc Sling) you should know
- The Single Incision Sling (MiniArc Sling) is the newest and safest trend in surgery for Stress Urinary Incontinence. MiniArc Sling is an innovative, minimally invasive procedure with an 85%- 90% success rate in treating Stress Urinary Incontinence.
- The Single Incision Sling (MiniArc Sling) uses a slim 2.3 mm needle and requires only a single 1.5 cm vaginal incision. MiniArc Sling utilizes American Medical System’s (AMS) proven Type 1 polypropylene mesh with a mid line centering mark that promotes accurate placement under the urethra. AMS mesh facilitates healing, and promotes tissue integration.