About Vaginal Relaxation and Gynecological Problems
Vaginal Relaxation occurs when the muscles and ligaments supporting women’s vagina are weakened. This is essentially when optimal vaginal structure integrity is lost.
- Vaginal muscles become weak resulting in poor tone, strength, control, and support. The internal and external vaginal diameters may significantly increase in size. The muscles of the perineum (the group of supporting muscles located below the lower part of the vaginal opening) become thin and the mid-line begins to deviate, thus resulting in a weakened, poorly supportive and thinned out perineal body.
- When this occurs, the vagina is no longer in its prime sexual functioning state. Basically, sexual gratification diminishes as frictional forces disappear due to Vaginal Relaxation.
- Many women suffer from symptoms related to vaginal relaxation and stress urinary incontinence. Some women have difficulty controlling their bladder and urine flow during certain situations or they notice changes in their bowel habits. These symptoms are directly correlated with giving birth, the process of aging or a combination of both.
- Seeking diagnosis and appropriate treatment often times restores a patient well-being and liberates them from the frustrations and discomforts produced by Vaginal Relaxation.
Symptoms of the Vaginal Relaxation during sexual intercourse:
- No sexual gratification nor orgasm
- Infrequent sexual intercourse
- Urinary incontinence while having the sexual intercourse
Bowel or Urinary Symptoms from the Vaginal Relaxation:
- Chronic constipation
- Pressure on the vagina
- Frequent bladder infection
- Difficulty in completely emptying the bladder and bowel
- Frequent urination and constantly being impelled to urinate
- Urinary incontinence while coughing, sneezing or heavy lifting
During the course of childbirth, as the baby journeys through the birth canal, the muscle groups, fascia, and ligaments separate and tend to become weakened. This weakening increasingly worsens, and further on down the line, may cause Vaginal Relaxation. The underlying cause (s) of Vaginal Relaxation are:
- Birth trauma such as multiple vaginal deliveries.
- The use of forceps or other assisted methods of delivery.
- A history of constipation and straining with bowel movements.
- Perineum tears or an episiotomy into the rectum or anal sphincter muscles.
- This problem may be preceded by hysterectomy because it is involved in damaging different structures supporting pelvic organs and ligaments and tissues around cervix supporting the anterior and posterior vaginal wall.
Every once in a while, the weakening of the muscles and tissues of the vaginal wall can occur to women who have never birthed a child. In these women, the underlying cause (s) may be:
- Obesity (increases in abdominal pressure).
- Aging (lack of estrogen resulting from menopause).
- Chronic constipation and stress (affecting bowel movement).
- Inherited weakness of the supporting tissues of the pelvic floor.
- Extraordinary tension placed on the supporting tissues due to a chronic cough.
- After a hysterectomy, as it needs the cutting or damaging the ligaments and tissues supporting the upper vagina around the cervix.
As reported by Masters and Johnson, the degree of a woman’s sexual gratification is directly correlated to the level of frictional forces produced during sexual intercourse. Most of these women credit their problems and difficulties to childbirth. Women who have developed these problematic conditions have the ability to compare their current sexual experiences to those of their past.
Below, you will read some of the more common vocalizations expressed by patients in our Cosmetic Gynecology Center:
- Things have changed “Now, I cannot ever reach climax”.
- I can remember “What it used to feel like” before I had kids.
- I just feel stretched-out and now “Sex is just not the same”.
- Now I can feel that there is less friction; “It takes me so much longer to have orgasms”.
Adding to their problems, it appears a common trend has developed among Physicians and Gynecologists alike; whenever a woman mentions her “loosening” concerns, the common ‘ prescribed ‘ remedy is Kegel Exercises; unfortunately, as affirmed by many afflicted women, these do NOT work.
Regardless, many women reveal that this is merely the only advice they receive during consultations, sometimes the doctor said ”this is normal and should be accepted, as it is part of the aging process”.
It’s as if no one cares or wants to help women find real solutions…Now, for you, things have changed. A modest group of surgeons around the globe recognize obvious setbacks are presented when a women’s anatomy begins to relax. They know how to identify when a women is being afflicted by the symptoms of vaginal relaxation– (whether a woman is experiencing the early stages or is in the advanced stages).
The possibility of a highly-intimate makeover provides women with life-altering options and choices to make. A woman can enrich her sexual well-being simply by restoring vaginal muscle tone, definition, control and overall cosmetic appearance.