Mons Pubis Reduction (Mons Pubis Lift) 1
Many women are born with enlarged Mons Pubis that make them uncomfortable with physical daily activities and embarrass them during sexual activity.
Mons Pubis can be enlarged with excess skin and tissue. It may be enlarged genetically, from wrinkles secondary to childbirth, or due to aging. Cosmetic Gynecology Surgery can help reverse the occurrence of these changes by enhancing or improving the appearance of the Mons Pubis and reduce or resolve symptoms of discomfort and irritation from the enlargement of the Mons Pubis.
Because of technological advances, Cosmetic Gynecology Procedures involving the use of laser has been utilized in Mons Pubis Reduction. Advantages of laser over old, conventional scalpel procedure include; less blood loss, less risk of vessel and tissue damage, precise and accurate surgical wound control, and quicker recovery time and better overall results.
General Notes & Precautions
1) Important points to consider about Mons Pubis Reduction (Mons Pubis Lift)
- The Mons Pubis Reduction (Mons Pubis Lift) is a Vulvovaginal Cosmetic Surgery done mainly to reduce the size, enhance the shape, or correct the proportion and imbalance of the Mons pubis. You can choose exactly how you want your Mons Pubis to look after the surgery. After placing the anesthesia, the enlarged and redundant tissue is gently trimmed away. This is mainly performed together with Labia Majora Reduction (Labia Majora Lift) or other types of Cosmetic Gynecology Surgery.
- The Mons Pubis Reduction (Mons Pubis Lift) has limitations and cannot absolutely ensure satisfactory results as there are so many factors affecting the surgery’s success. In case of unexpected surgical results or complications, corrective surgery is an option and will be discussed between you and the surgeon. If a correction surgery wound occurs from the complication of the surgery, all expenses for services and treatment will no longer be charged to you. However, if the unsatisfactory results occur due to the complication from your non-compliance with the doctor’s orders, you will be charged accordingly.
- The Mons Pubis Reduction (Mons Pubis Lift) is not allowed for women with immunodeficiency. In addition, the surgery is not recommended unless you have a discussion with your spouse because this may lead to problems and misunderstandings caused by refraining from sexual intercourse for quite a time.
- The Mons Pubis Reduction (Mons Pubis Lift)is performed in our operating room for approximately 1-2 hours under General Anesthesia administered by a board-certified anesthesiologist. You have to refrain from drinking water or food for at least 6 hours prior to the surgery in order to decrease the risk of aspirating gastric contents during or after surgery. This complication is very serious, and you need to strictly follow our recommendations.
- The important preparations you should know before the Mons Pubis Reduction (Mons Pubis Lift) are that within 5-7 days after the surgery you should take a rest (refrain from work) and be still to enable the wound to heal faster. You should also have little movement as possible to avoid wound disruption for 1-2 weeks after the surgery. You should refrain from some types of strenuous exercise and sexual intercourse for 6-8 weeks after the surgery.
- The Mons Pubis Reduction (Mons Pubis Lift) is one of the most complex and meticulous cosmetic surgeries performed today. It requires extensive experience, precision, and accuracy to create the optimal results you desire and deserve. Many surgeons have little to no experience with this type of advanced cosmetic gynecology surgery. You should research and be conscious of the surgeon’s educational background, training, and practical experience.
The rate of post-surgical complications is low especially when laser is utilized by an experienced surgeon and you carefully and religiously follow our post-op policies. In the unlikely event of a post-operative complication, you should immediately see Dr. Vitasna for early examination and treatment and prevent worsening of the complication.
2) Before the Mons Pubis Reduction (Mons Pubis Lift)
- Prior to the Mons Pubis Reduction (Mons Pubis Lift), you will be invited to a pre-operative consultation room, where you will be evaluated for surgery. You will be received by a member of the nursing staff in our Center, who will make inquiries regarding your previous medical history as well as arrange for your vital signs such as temperature, respiration, blood pressure, and pulse. In case of existing diseases or drug allergies, please inform the medical staff before the consultation. You should prepare and take with you any pills or treatment medications you are currently taking.
- You can possibly have the Mons Pubis Reduction (Mons Pubis Lift) done on the day of your consultation depending on the availability of Dr. Vitasna’s schedule. Otherwise you may book for a possible surgery on the day of your consultation. This you may do through online pre-consultation and arrangement. It is best to undergo the surgery after your period. It is not advisable to do the surgery just before the period starts or during the period.
- A staff nurse will usher you to a treatment room where Dr. Vitasna will investigate your health history and conduct both a general check-up and internal check-up. After the examination and assessment, you will discuss with Dr. Vitasna about your expectations and concerns. She will then explain to you about the methods (or techniques), processes of the Mons Pubis Reduction (Mons Pubis Lift), some potential post-operative risks and complications prior to decision-making. You may also be asked about your expectations for the surgery and if you have any allergies or any condition that wouldn’t make you a good candidate for the surgery, as well as other additional inquiries.
- After you have chosen the best alternative for your case, prices and quotes will be written down with you. —This ends your consultation.
THE COST OF OPERATION will include professional fees for the anesthesiologist and the surgeon, all the instruments, and home medications and medicines used for the surgery as well. Fees for laboratory work-up for other existing diseases that you may have and the professional fees for the anesthesiologist and the surgeon for corrective surgery is not included in the package.
The Processes of the Mons Pubis Reduction (Mons Pubis Lift)
1) Appointment day
- On the day you plan to have the Mons Pubis Reduction (Mons Pubis Lift), you have to refrain from drinking water or food for at least 6 hours prior to the surgery In addition, it is advisable to have a bath or perhaps a shower before you come into the hospital. You may need to bring along with you loosely fitting daytime clothing, personal hygiene stuff, loose fitting underwear, and sanitary pads.
- Before you go through the pre-operative processes, if you have more questions you will meet Dr. Vitasna for any additional information. In case of uncertainty, doubt and worry or for being uncomfortable for any reason, you should postpone the procedure.