Labia Majora Filling/Mons Pubis Filling
Mons Pubis is the adipose tissue lying above the pubic bone of adult females, anterior to the pubic symphysis. The mons pubis forms the anterior portion of the vulva. The size of the mons pubis varies with the general level of hormone and body fat. After puberty it is covered with pubic hair and enlarges.
Each Labia Majora has two surfaces; an outer, pigmented and covered with strong, crisp hairs; and an inner, smooth and beset with large sebaceous follicles. The labia majora are thicker in front, where they form when meeting the anterior commissure of the labia majora. The labia majora correspond to the scrotum in the male.
- Labia Majora Filling and Mons Pubis Filling is done to add volume to tissues. This supports the dermal tissues in shaping the contour of the Labia majora and Mons Pubis, to the desired level of correction.
- With aging, the Labia Majora/Mons Pubis may lose its fat and undergo atrophy that causes the skin to shrink and produce unsightly wrinkling, possibly as a result of the consumption of some kind of food, or of natural aging change. The sagging, wrinkling, and darkening of the skin, may be bothersome to many, thus they opt for the Labia majora/Mons Pubis filling.
- After injection of the filling (not silicone), common injection reactions may occur. These include erythema, swelling, pain, itching, bruising, or tenderness at the sight. These reactions are expected to subside within one to two weeks.
- Labia Majora/Mons Pubis filling is a non-surgical treatment that temporarily augments the Labia Majora/Mons Pubis. Effects last from 8-12 months.
Pre-treatment consultation for the Labia Majora Filling/Mons Pubis Filling.
- Prior to the Labia Majora Filling/Mons Pubis Filling, you will be invited to a pre-treatment consultation room, where you will be evaluated for the procedure. You will be received by a member of the nursing staff in our Center, who will make inquiries regarding your previous medical history as well as arrange for your vital signs such as temperature, respiration, blood pressure, and pulse. In case of existing diseases or drug allergies, please inform the medical staff before the consultation.
- A staff nurse will usher you to a treatment room, where Dr. Vitasna will investigate your health history, and will conduct an internal check-up. You will be examined in the same manner as if you were “getting a PAP smear”.
- After the examination and assessment, you will discuss with Dr. Vitasna about your expectations and concerns. She will then explain to you about the method (or technique), processes of the procedure, some potential post-operative risks and complications prior to decision-making. You may also be asked if you have any allergies or any condition that would not make you a good candidate for the procedure as well as other additional inquiries.
- The Labia Majora Filling/Mons Pubis Filling is performed under Intravenous (IV) Sedation and Local Anesthesia. You have to refrain from drinking water or food for at least 6 hours prior to the procedure in order to decrease the risk of aspirating gastric contents during or after procedure. This complication is very serious, and you need to strictly follow our recommendations.
- One of the important preparations you should know before the procedure is that within the day of the appointment, you should not drive yourself after the procedure in order to protect against any accidents caused by dizziness as a result of the sedation.
The cost of the Labia Majora Filling/Mons Pubis Filling will include professional fees for the surgeon, all the instruments, and medicines used for the procedure as well. Fees for laboratory workup for other existing diseases that you may have, and the professional fees for the surgeon for corrective procedure are not included in the package.
What are the Labia Majora Filling/Mons Pubis filling processes?
1) Appointment day
- On the day you plan to have the Labia Majora Filling/Mons Pubis Filling, you have to refrain from drinking water or food for at least 6 hours prior to the procedure.
- Before you go through the pre procedure processes, if you have more questions you will meet Dr. Vitasna for any additional information. In case of uncertainty, doubt and worry, or for being uncomfortable for any reason, you should postpone the procedure.
- If you are a good candidate for the Labia Majora Filling/Mons Pubis Filling, our medical staff will assess your vital signs, help you sign, and review the proper consent forms, which give us permission to perform the procedure on you. Then a staff nurse will review the post-treatment instructions, which you need to do after the procedure, and she will guide you through the process of payment.
- After all these have been done, a staff member will accompany you to the operating theater. As you arrive in the operating theater, a staff nurse is going to check your information (name, birth date) and your vital signs, assist you to change into a gown, and provide you with an identity wristband. —Once everything is complete and in order, a nurse will take you to one of the operating rooms.
2) During the Labia Majora Filling/Mons Pubis Filling Procedure
- The Labia Majora Filling/Mons Pubis Filling is performed in our operating room for approximately 30 minutes under Intravenous (IV) Sedation Anesthesia.
- You will be in the same manner as if you were “getting a PAP smear”. While you are sleeping, a small needle will be used to deliver a small amount of local anesthetic in the filled area of the Mons Pubis/Labia Majora. Afterwards, an amount of filler will be injected on the desired area.
3) After the Labia Majora Filling/Mons Pubis Filling
- After the Labia Majora Filling/Mons Pubis Filling, you are assured to be well taken care of in a safe and professional way by our highly trained and educated staff. You will be monitored for 1-2 hours at the recovery room. Nausea and vomiting may be experienced as a side effect of the Intravenous Sedation, which is relieved as soon as the anesthesia effect wears off. When you are conscious with no bleeding around the treatment area, the physician will allow you to return home.
4) Post Treatment Instructions at home
- You should drink 6-8 glasses of water daily to stabilize the injected filler. You may experience reddish spots or dark bruises within 3-7 days after the Labia Majora Filling/Mons Pubis Filling just before complete healing.
- Avoid massaging the treatment site and avoid applying pressure to the area for a few days following injection to avoid risk of product mobility.
- Ice may be applied for a short period if the treated area is swollen. You should minimize exposure of the treated area to heat or extreme cold at least until any initial swelling and redness has been resolved.
5) Potential adverse reactions
- Adverse effects include inflammation, swelling, pain, tenderness, hardening of tissues, erythema, and infection. Infection should be treated as soon as possible because if untreated, it may progress into complications such as abscess formation.
- Women who experience allergic reactions should consider the cause and significance of the reactions before re-treatment.
Read more about the related issues of the Labia Majora filling and the Mons Pubis filling: Mons Pubis Lift or Labia Majora Lift. If you decide to have a consultation with Dr. Vitasna, please call or email a member of staff to make an appointment date for the consultation.