Incisionless Laser Vaginal Tightening
“As an experienced gynecologist with more than 30 years of practice, I felt really excited when I was introduced to this novel, extremely innovative laser technology for the treatment of Vaginal Relaxation Syndrome. After doing the procedure for one year I can say that IntimaLase™ is a great solution for vaginal tightening. Many of my patients highly praise the therapy for its minimal invasiveness and noticeable improvements in their sexual gratification. For me this is a simple, safe and efficacious procedure which enabled me to broaden the range of aesthetic gynecological therapies our clinic offers.”–—By Ivan Fistonic, MD, PhD, Fistonic Gynecology Clinic, Zagreb, Croatia
Vaginal Relaxation Syndrome
- Vaginal relaxation syndrome is referred to as the increase in the internal diameter of the vaginal canal as a result of age, childbirth, hormonal factors, genetics, etc.
- This condition is generally linked with a reduction in sexual gratification for both the woman and her partner. This condition is also linked with other gynecological problems like stress urinary incontinence, anterior-posterior vaginal wall prolapses, etc.
Why You Need Treatment?
- Nobody desires to become old and lose the “ideal function” of the vaginal canal. The vagina best functions when it wraps around the penis firmly during intercourse. This increases sexual gratification for both the woman and her partner. However, because of certain conditions mentioned above, the vagina cannot perform the “ideal function” adequately and as a result sexual gratification decreases.
- A study conducted by Masters M.D. and Johnson M.D. confirmed that sexual gratification is directly associated with the tightness of the vaginal canal.
Incisionless Laser Vaginal Tightening (IntimaLase™)
- This is a new innovation and has never before been used for Cosmetic Gynecology Surgery. The Cosmetic Gynecology Center of Yanhee International Hospital is the first hospital in Thailand which has opened its doors to the Incisionless Laser Vaginal tightening procedure. Incisionless laser vaginal tightening is a procedure where laser energy is being delivered to the vaginal canal and introitus area, and the treated vaginal tissues become tighter.
How Does IntimaLase™ Work?
- IntimaLase™ utilizes thermal energy produced by laser. After the laser has been applied to vaginal tissue, it causes the collagen in the tissues to alter its structure and shrink. The laser also stimulates the formation of new collagen. All these changes lead to a tighter, firmer vaginal canal.
- Vaginal tightening through IntimaLase™ procedure requires 1-2 sessions in one course in between 2 to 4 weeks and it is effective for one year. Unlike undergoing the traditional procedure (by scalpel), this procedure does not hurt. There are no specific pre-operative preparations or post-op precautions required. You can resume normal activity as soon as possible. However, you have to refrain from sexual intercourse for 2-4 weeks after procedure.
Scientifically Proven Clinical Results
Before the procedure, the tightness of the vagina will be measured using a medical vaginal measuring instrument. After 4-6 weeks, the tightness of the vagina will be measured again and finally after 4 months.
- Clinical studies (by Dr. Ivan Fistonic at Fistonic Gynecology Clinic, Zagreb, Croatia) show a tightened vaginal canal, better sexual pleasure and considerable improvement in a patient’s quality of life. 97% of patients at the time of the clinical study experienced high levels of satisfaction with the results from the IntimaLase™ procedure.
- Moreover, this laser method can be applied to the patients who have the symptom of Stress Urinary Incontinence. This procedure may be done to patients who cannot undergo the surgical treatment. Elderly women may undergo this procedure, as can the overweight, diabetic patients, and those who have limitations for surgery.
Conclusion for benefits of Incisionless Laser Vaginal Tightening (IntimaLase™)
IntimaLase™ is a unique, innovative laser technology designed for the treatment of Vaginal Relaxation Syndrome.
- Safe, fast, easy, and no pain
- Performed with intravenous anesthesia
- Minimally invasive, no incisions required
- Usually treats symptoms of incontinence
- Resume normal activity as soon as possible.
- Noticeably better sexual pleasure and desire
- Boosts quality of orgasms gained during intimacy
- Tightens the vagina and revitalizes natural flexibility
- There are no specific pre-op preparations or post-op precautions required
- Eliminates the complications that exists with other vaginal tightening procedures
- Unlike undergoing the traditional procedure (by scalpel), refrain from sexual intercourse only 2-4 weeks after procedure.
This procedure has limitations. It is only suitable for patients who have not much vaginal looseness and those who have early stages of stress urinary incontinence. It is not suitable for ladies who have many children and those who have severe stress urinary incontinence.